We promised to update you regarding our ability to provide service during the potential work stoppage by freight railroad workers that could begin Friday, Sept. 16.
As of now, we expect to be able to operate scheduled service Friday on the Metra Electric, Rock Island, SouthWest Service, Milwaukee District North, and Milwaukee District West lines.
We are continuing to communicate with our freight partners regarding our ability to run trains on the Heritage Corridor and North Central Service lines and will provide updates as soon as possible.
If the work stoppage occurs, there will be no service Friday on the BNSF, Union Pacific North, Union Pacific Northwest and Union Pacific West lines. Both BNSF Railway and Union Pacific Railroad, which own and operate the lines, have communicated that they will begin curtailing service after the evening rush hour on Thursday, Sept. 15 in preparation for the potential work stoppage.
The following BNSF trains will not operate Thursday night, Sept. 15:
- Inbound trains 1296, 1298, 1300 and 1302 are canceled (all depart Aurora after 8 p.m.)
- Outbound trains 1289, 1291 1293 and 1295 are canceled (all depart Chicago after 9:30 p.m.)
The following Union Pacific trains will not operate Thursday night, Sept. 15:
Union Pacific North
- Inbound trains 372 and 374 are canceled (all depart Waukegan after 10 p.m.)
- Outbound trains 371, 373, 375 and 377 are canceled (all depart Chicago after 9:30 p.m.)
Union Pacific Northwest
- Inbound trains 666 and 668 are canceled (all depart after 9:30 p.m.)
- Outbound trains 661, 663, 665 and 601 are canceled (all depart Chicago after 9:30 p.m.)
Union Pacific West
- Inbound train 68 is canceled (departs Elburn after 9:15 p.m.)
- Outbound trains 69 and 71 are canceled (all depart Chicago after 9:30 p.m.)
Negotiations between the unions and freight railroads are ongoing, and we are hopeful that a settlement will be reached before the strike deadline. We will provide additional updates as soon as more information becomes available.